COMPAS (COMPAring and Supporting endogenous development) is a capacity building programme to develop and mainstream endogenous development methodologies. Field programmes serve to develop evidence of the outcomes and impact. Mainstreaming takes place by including endogenous development in programmes funded through various donor agencies, establishing policy dialogues and developing university curricula.The main objectives of COMPAS are:
- To systematically develop, test and improve methodologies for endogenous development based on rural peoples’ worldviews.
- To mainstream the endogenous development approach into policies and development programmes.
- To enhance the capacity of NGOs in endogenous development.
- To initiate and support local initiatives that enhance bio-cultural diversity and indigenous knowledge development.
- To support an international platform for information exchange on culture, worldviews and development.